Automation of the pulp and paper industry: reinventing itself
Pulp and paper markets are in the midst of a major transformation. Once firmly enthroned as the king of heavy industry in Quebec, this activity sector had to reinvent itself over the last three decades. It has done this by steadily improving the quality of the paper produced, but also by converting machines and even whole mills to produce cardboard products. We have worked with papermakers throughout this evolution over the last 30 years, offering our electrical installation and automation services to the pulp and paper industry.
Our clients invest large sums every year to modernise their facilities to improve their overall productivity, comply with ever-stricter environmental standards and increase their energy efficiency. They are investing massively in digitalisation by installing the necessary tools to analyse progression towards their objectives. These tools also enable them to discover productivity improvement opportunities at every level.
For more than 30 years, we have been the automation partner of choice of the pulp and paper industry, not only for electrical installations and general automation, but also for mill optimisation and for adding an industrial IT layer enabling data acquisition, diagnostics, and production management tools as well as performance indicators.
For more than 30 years, we have been successfully completing automation and electrical installation projects in various industrial and manufacturing markets. We are known for delivering quality products and services that meet the standards and practices of each activity sector while respecting agreed-upon budgets and schedules. The power of the group resides in the number and quality of the people who make it up, and the advantage of the group lies in the scope of the services offered by our professionals.
A partner with scope
We know your working environments, your installation standards, your problems and your challenges. We can be a valuable advisor and a true partner who is committed to ensure the success of your projects in every way possible.
- Electrical and control systems on new machines.
- Control system modernisation (DCS migration, PLC, axis controllers, HMI, SCADA).
- Machine modernisation or conversion (servo drive).
- Drive system modernisation (system drive).
- Instrument replacement, addition, or calibration.
- Upgrading production equipment to meet current standards (machine safety, and more).
A complete range of services
We contribute to the success of your projects by providing a unique “one-stop shop” that offers a wide range of services working in perfect synergy. In a project context, such a range of synergistic services makes perfect sense. Our involvement means that you can reduce the number of intermediaries, simplify management, and reduce costs.
- Production line optimisation.
- Implementation of automatic SETUP.
- New recipe control systems.
- Implementation of leading-edge programming standards.
- Data acquisition, addition of diagnostic tools and performance indicators.
- Implementation of an MRP system and integration with ERP systems.